S/L Accrual not carried forward

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Clifton3213
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

S/L Accrual not carried forward

I have just realised the S/L Accrual has not carried forward from the last Financial Year.  Some Employees have and 25 have not!!      How do I fix the problem?

I have been in tp the Employees Card  - Entitlesments - Balance Adjustment area and it will not accept any figures in this area.

Regards

Val

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: S/L Accrual not carried forward

Hi @Clifton3213 

Generally speaking, if an entitlement has not carried forward into a new payroll year it is due to the option “Carry remaining balance into new year” being unticked on the entitlement payroll category.

If this option is unticked and greyed out you will need to create a new entitlement payroll category with that option ticked and assigned to the relevant employees to avoid any balance in the entitlement from not rolling into the new payroll year.

With regards to correcting the figures for now, if the balance adjustment area was unavailable or not accepting figures you could record a zero pay, where the only figures on the pay is the amount of entitlement missing from the employee’s records.

For example, if the employee should have 20 hours in total, but only has 5, then the void pay would have 15 hours against the entitlement to correct it

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Clifton3213
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: S/L Accrual not carried forward

Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will create the new Entitlement Category next week.  Off pay week!  Then I will do as you suggest and process a zero pay but updating the S/L Accrual hours to the relevant Employee.

Thank you

Regards

Val

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post