STP 2 - Event update on "Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits" category report for EOFY finalisation purposes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kam08
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

STP 2 - Event update on "Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits" category report for EOFY finalisation purposes

Is there a way to event update "Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits" category report for employees for EOFY finalisation purposes?

The category I mean is the one in the View summary report (PDF), when you click on the Final indicator.

The information in this View summary report (PDF) is produced based on the income year/financial year instead of the FBT year. This creates a problem at the end of the financial year. It “over” or “under” values the final Gross Wages calculations.

Note: Payroll Activity [Summary] and Payroll Register [Summary] reconcile. The problem is with Deductions however. They combine Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits (RFBA or Section 57A RFBA) with Salary sacrifice (RESC – Super) in one report. But each of these two categories has a different reporting period for same end of year (30 June). 

MYOB software omits that fact. 

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
CarolD1
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP 2 - Event update on "Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits" category report for EOFY finalisation purposes

@Kam08 wrote:

Is there a way to event update "Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits" category report for employees for EOFY finalisation purposes?

The category I mean is the one in the View summary report (PDF), when you click on the Final indicator.

The information in this View summary report (PDF) is produced based on the income year/financial year instead of the FBT year. This creates a problem at the end of the financial year. It “over” or “under” values the final Gross Wages calculations.

Note: Payroll Activity [Summary] and Payroll Register [Summary] reconcile. The problem is with Deductions however. They combine Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits (RFBA or Section 57A RFBA) with Salary sacrifice (RESC – Super) in one report. But each of these two categories has a different reporting period for same end of year (30 June). 

MYOB software omits that fact. 

Please advise.

I have the same problem and I also have an employee who left in May 2021 who still has some 'Salary sacrifice - o' to be declared from the 2022 FBT year - this employee doesn't show up on the EOY finalisation because they were not paid in the 2022 financial year.

HELP!

Kam08
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP 2 - Event update on "Salary sacrifice - other employee benefits" category report for EOFY finalisation purposes

Yep. It seems like there is no way around it. The Total STP taxable wages were not showing correctly in the STP Year-to-date verification report. They were showing income year data instead of FBT year data. Main reason I couldn’t complete the End-of-financial-year finalisation declaration. I had to do Prepare Payment Summaries again this year, and notify the ATO. 

CarolD1
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Someone has suggested to change the catgory to not reportable, run a zero pay through for 30th June and enter the RFBA amount as usual? I wonder if that would work?
The solution for those employees not turning up on the report - process a pay of 1c for 30th June and they will turn up, and entering the Sal Sac in the RFBA box (section 57A to be precise).

Where is the 'Prepare Payment Summaries' option?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @CarolD1 

In AccountRight Prepare payment summaries is in Command Centres (top menu bar)>>Payroll>>Prepare payment summaries.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post