STP and superannuation category

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

3Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP and superannuation category

After putting in a support request and then having it closed even though my problem was not solved I'm still at a loss how to assign a STP ATO code to the superannuation guarantee category.

When I run the payroll reporting check there are 3 payroll categories that need ATO code assigned.  The two superannation categories will not allow me to assign a code, they are greyed out, so how do I fix this?

We also have a code called "Manual Tax" it is a deduction that we use to deduct extra tax from a couple of employees who have requested it.  Any ideas on what code to put this to?  The options are :

Not Reporable

Deduction -Union Profession fees

Deduciton - Work place giving

ETP - Tax Witholding 

I would have thought it should be a tax witholding code but it says ETP which concerns me that this is incorrect.

Can anyone help please as the MYOB support request team aren't interested.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP and superannuation category

Hi @debm 

Thanks for your post. So that I can assist with assigning the ATO reporting category to the superannuation guarantee payroll category can you send me the following in a private message:

• serial number
  • screenshot of the super guarantee payroll category

If an employee requests extra PAYG be withheld you enter the extra amount in the employee card>>Taxes tab>>Extra tax field. The extra tax will then be included in the PAYG Withholding total and reported correctly in STP.

*Update: script run to fix the Superannuation Guarantee ATO reporting category, issue resolved

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia