Salary Sacrifice Amounts Not Reporting

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sam12
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Salary Sacrifice Amounts Not Reporting

Hi,

One of our employees  started salary sacrificing for a vehicle back in September 2019, it has just been brought to my attention that the Pre-tax and post-tax deductions are not being reported at all. This was set up by someone else before I started and I am not a bookekeeper, I am an admin assistant. I have gathered from previous posts that I neen to check the EXEMPT button in the Pre-Tax deductions, my first question is will this retrospectively alter the gross amounts for the employee and be reported in the next payrun, or do I need to manually adjust figure at the end of the financial year? If this is the case how do I alter this?

And now I need to un-finalise the employees EOFY reporting for last year and report it the correct figures - how do I go about this?

Finally the amounts for the financial year ending in 2020 were not reported through single touch payroll and I'm not actually 100% sure on how my predecessor did this, all I have is reports and my EOFY Reporting Tab doesn't allow me to go back that far. I have saved datafiles but am unsure how this can be utilised to sort out the mess. 

I have also been on hold for well over 2 hours having spoken to an operator who tiold me after the first hour  that wait time would only be 15 mins... but again looking through the posts it seems I am no orphan here.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Sam12
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Salary Sacrifice Amounts Not Reporting

Just an update... after 2hours and 45 mins on hold I spoke to someone for 20 seconds and they hung up on me.

This is the worst tech support/customer service I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. Where can I speak to someone to complain about this???

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Salary Sacrifice Amounts Not Reporting

Hi @Sam12 

Thanks for your post. I can see that an agent has been assisting you via our social media channel with this. As explained the Payroll reporting centre only displays the current and previous payroll years, you will need to contact the ATO to amend any previous years.

With regard to the Salary sacrifice deductions not reducing the gross wages, this is determined by the ATO reporting category assigned to the Salary sacrifice payroll category. For Salary sacrifice superannuation you would assign the Reportable Employer Super Contributions ATO reporting category to reduce the gross wages.

Salary sacrifice employee purchases wouldn't generally reduce the employee's gross wage. This link to the ATO website has detailed information: Salary sacrifice arrangements, however, if you're unsure I would recommend checking with the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post