Salary Sacrifice super not reported on the summary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PennieS
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Salary Sacrifice super not reported on the summary

Hi I want to know if there is an easy way to fix a single payment summary?

I had the salary sacrific as not reportable when I completed the EOFY  payment summaries with MYOB STP . 

This staff member left our employ in May 19. To date all I have done is take the set as final off the employees name in MYOB EOFY Finalisation. 

When I sent the report to the ATO all figures balanced with Myob. Can you advise if the only thing I need to do is put the amount of the SS on the summary in the reportable section?

What is the easiest way to do this and do I need to resend the summary to the ato and employee?

3 REPLIES 3
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

Re: Salary Sacrifice super not reported on the summary

Hi @PennieS 

To correct the SS amount through STP you will need to Restore a backup and remove the termination date from the employee card.

Then you will need to change the ato reporting category to RESC. The SS payroll category should be set up under the Superannuation tab with Contribution Type: salary sacrifice (deduction). If it is not set up like this you will need to create a new payroll category - Set up salary sacrifice

When the payroll category is set up correctly do a $0 pay for that employee with payment date 30 June to report the SS through STP. Check that the EOFY verification report is correct and reconciles with MYOB reports. Then you can re-do the Finalisation.

STP Finalisation replaces payment summaries and empdupe files. You are not required to provide payment summaries, employee’s can get their income statements from their myGov accounts. The ATO will be notified of the updated YTD amounts when you re-do the STP Finalisation.

Cheers

Tracey

PennieS
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracy,

I have made the correct payment with a resored file offline and the payment summary is now correct but how to I send the file to the ATO? is there a manual way so I dont need to loose data by making an old file live if I resore this file to be the live file I will loose all the data input since?

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @PennieS 

Thanks for your post.  I’m glad you were able to make the necessary corrections.

For the payment summary you can print out/prepare the amended payment summary and lodge with the ATO manually. If you are unsure of how to submit this amended summary, please speak with the ATO.  

The other option is the STP way, in which you report the changes made and re-finalise in that year for the impacted employees (the info @bungy15  provided in the above post). You do not need to be online to do this.

I hope this clarifies. If your inquiry has been answered please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post