Self Onboarded Employee not automatically coming up in banking

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JackieBell
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Self Onboarded Employee not automatically coming up in banking

Hi, All my previous employees have been entered manually onto the payroll. To avoid entering all their bank details, I've always chosen "cheque" as their preferred payroll payment method, and I set their notification as "to be emailed and printed" but then just send emails.

When doing the payroll each Sunday, the 'to be paid' amounts per employee automatically appear in my banking information (as if already paid), which helps with my data entry.

My newest employee has been asked to Self Onboard, and chose "electronic payment" as her preferred payroll method. After 2 payment cycles, I've just realised she didn't automatically appear in the banking list as having been paid, so my MYOB data entry was out. I had to manually insert her payment into the account used, in the bank register but now the format is different (I have to choose an account, "wages expenses" rather than the automatic insertion of the employee name in "payee" and then have to manually type in her name in the memo). I've just changed the preferred payroll method back to "cheque" as I have her bank details. I don't use MYOB to pay my staff. Will changing the preferred payroll method "cheque" rather than "electronic" help? If not, I'd rather go back to manually entering and collecting paperwork from my future employees as more steps weekly is more work than me chasing up paperwork before hiring the employees.

Thank you very much,

Jackie

1 REPLY 1
ChrisMc
MYOB Staff
163 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

163Posts

22Kudos

12Solutions

Re: Self Onboarded Employee not automatically coming up in banking

Hi Jackie

I would recommend to use electronic payments for your payroll payruns, as you can create a bulk bank ABA files and import this file via your bank.
As for the details of the new employee, check the standard pay option and change the memo to the employees name
Thanks Chris

Cheers,
Chris M

Small Business Subject Matter Expert

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post