Setting up nil amounts for leave entitlements while employee is on worker's compensation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

66Posts

16Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Setting up nil amounts for leave entitlements while employee is on worker's compensation

Good afternoon

We have an employee on worker's compensation. I have set up the pay category for that payment OK, and stopped it from calculating superannuation, but I can't find how to stop accruing personal leave. I manually deleted the hours at his payslip, but it didn't have any effect on the entitlement balance.

If I change the entitlement category to being 'User - enterered amounts per pay period' from 'Equals [x] hours per pay period' would that fix it? Or would that delete his accrued entitlement altogether? I tentatively tried that but came up with a message that all employees would be changed, which is also not something I want.

Please advise.

Thank you

Sally

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Setting up nil amounts for leave entitlements while employee is on worker's compensation

Hi @sal2107 

Thanks for your post. To stop leave accruing on a wage category go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab>>open the entitlement category>>click on Exempt and tick the applicable wage category.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

66Posts

16Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Setting up nil amounts for leave entitlements while employee is on worker's compensation

Hi Tracey

Thank you for replying, but the 'exempt' in the personal leave entitlement category is greyed out so I can't get into it.

Is there a way around that?

Thanks again

Sally

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @sal2107 

The Exempt button will be greyed out if you have selected the Calculation Basis as User enter per pay period or Equals xx Hours per xx. This is because you've selected the accrual amount to be a set amount each pay period, not calculated based on gross hours.

If you want your other employees to accrue a set amount per pay period you'll need to create a new entitlement payroll category with the Calculation Basis as Equals xx percent of xx. You can then link the employee to the new category and exempt the worker's compensation from the calculation.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

66Posts

16Kudos

5Solutions

Hi Tracey

Thank you - I haven't actually followed through with your instructions but can see that they would work on a more permanent basis. I have found that I can manually delete the personal leave hours in the payslip before I record it and it stops the accruing, and chose to stick with that for now.

Thanks again

Sally

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post