Forum Discussion

Capricorn
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Subscription

I have been using MYOB AccountRight for over 12 years.  I have 3 MYOB company files that pay employees and have just been advised, via a phone call, that I need to take out a subscription for 2 of the companies.  Is this correct?  Why was I not notified via email that changes were being made as of 1 August?

• Hi CK3071 

At this point in time, I’m not aware of any plans to alter how the Live Services work. That said this may be something that our team consider in the future, however I don’t have any timeframe on when this might potentially happen

28 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CK3071
    Contributing Cover User

Hi Capricorn,

I've experienced the same issue.  We have one file that is run live online, and several others that are run on our server that we don't need to have online.  We followed up with MYOB through chat live the other day & they told me the same thing, I need to subscribe each file to do STP.

What I don't understand is why do we pay our annual subcription for the serial number which allows us to have mulitple files, and then have to pay another subscription just so we can report our STP to the ATO, which is not our choice but an ATO requirement, & we are using our own internet services?  We are not asking to have a company file online & live, we only want to meet the ATO's requirements.  It seems to me this is double dipping by MYOB.

This is definately not acceptable, MYOB.

Capricorn
      Contributing Cover User

Hi

That is exactly how I feel.  We don't even have any of our files online due to our internet being too slow.  Hopefully MYOB will see these comments and do something about this.

CK3071
        Contributing Cover User

We need more subscribers to let MYOB know if they are not happy with constant & often unjustafiable add-on costs & hopefully they will start to take notice.

So please, if your not happy with your subscription fees increasing as a result of the STP reporting requirements, please let MYOB know.

Thanks, everyone.

CBS48
      Contributing Cover User

Hi I am trying to find out if I can report STP for each file before I contect my first file to the ATO. I have 3 customers that have employees and I have to report as I am doing the payrolls. I am not sure if it reports the file number or the license number.

Neil_M
        Former Staff

HI CBS48 

Within AccountRight, each file that needs to report through STP needs to have an active subscription against it. So if you have three files that need to be reporting through STP you will need to have three subscriptions

• I suggest you look at the ATO STP area on their website as it provides a lot of information about your options for STP, especially for smaller employers. Do your own research first as it is a big learning curve for all businesses, and according to the ATO website "Small employers with 19 or less employees – need to report through STP any time before 30 September 2019" which means you have a bit of time and can report your YTD figures up to then.  

Cheers

Robert

Capricorn
      Contributing Cover User

I already am using STP to report for my employees its just that our business is split into 3 different companies each paying employees for doing different things on our farm.  Now MYOB want me to pay for 3 subscriptions to be STP compliant.  I want to know if this is correct?

Seeoex
        Contributing User

MYOB are saying you need a subscription for each file you use for STP yet these files have been lodging STP for 12 months without the need for a separate subscription or serial number. Now that the ATO have made STP compulsory, MYOB have decided to cash in and charge an extra $43.60 per month for a file that has always been included under the annual subscription for over 20 years. If you don’t pay by Aug 1st, they’ll stop you from lodging your STP files, so they are holding us to ransom with very little time to act. ATO said STP wouldn’t cost small businesses anymore than $10/mth, so why are loyal MYOB clients being charged 4.5 times this on top of their annual $1,300 subscription?? They also say only way to pay is credit card or direct debit, yet annual subscriptions can be paid via invoice. Businesses prefer an invoice in a lot of cases. The whole situation stinks!!!