Super Guarantee Not Calculating

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Donna_K
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Super Guarantee Not Calculating

Hi 

I've just set up a new employee and their SGC isn't calculating. All of my staff are on the same type of wages, so he's on an income type that is exempt. I've checked all the setting and everything seems ok.

The only thing I can put it down to is maybe his age, he is only 17. But he's been hired as a fulltime apprentice and his first weeks pay was for more than $450, so I would have thought it would calculate this.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: Super Guarantee Not Calculating

Hi @Donna_K,

Thank you for your post.

If the SGC box is definitley ticked in the employee's card, and they are earning over $450 in a month, super should be calculating accordigly for this employee (regardless if they are 17). So that we can narrow down the cause for this, could you please enter a dummy pay for the next month with a dummy figure higher than $450 (without actually processing the pay) and let me know if the super calculates?

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Donna_K
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Super Guarantee Not Calculating

Hi Sam

Thanks for this. I now know what was wrong. This employees first pay was $485.44 gross, but included $35.52 in overtime. Therefore there wouldn't be any super in his first pay as his ordinary earnings were only $449.92.

Appreciate your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post