Superannuation Category under STP EOFY Finalisation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ewt
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation Category under STP EOFY Finalisation

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using MYOB AccountRight and did EOFY finanlisation for Payroll reporting.  Just have a question about superannuation category which is different under YTD verification report and individual employee's summary of payments report. On YTD verification report it is shown as "Superannuation Guarantee", whitle on individual employee's summary of payments report it is shown as "Superannuation Entitlements". Are these two categories the same thing just with different names ? 

Hope someone will clarify.

Thanks,

Frances

2 REPLIES 2
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation Category under STP EOFY Finalisation

Hi  Frances @ewt 

Thanks for your post.  Superannuation Guarantee is the designated ATO reporting category to report the 9.5% compulsory super.  You can name your super category in AR with a custom name and that is perfectly fine.  As long as you assign your AR super category correctly, the 9.5% compulsory super will be reported correctly as Superannuation Guarantee. If under the employee contract they have additional entitlement to super, then you can report it as Superannuation Entitlement.   Did you create an entitlement category for this? 

You can check the setup of your payroll categories to verify how the setup is pulling figures across in the reports.  The help article Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll and Leave and Entitlements should prove helpful.  

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your inquiry please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find this post easier. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ewt
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos