Superannuation taking all wages into account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CYP
Partner
11 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation taking all wages into account

I'm not sure what is going on but - superannuation was calculating gross wages plus car allowance (car allowance is exempt).  All allowances that are exempt from super were then ticked, but then the super was overcalculating - eg. total wages = $2,280 - super calculated at $253.14 (should be $216.60).  I then unticked everything and re-ticked, but now super is undercalculated - eg. same wage, but super is now $180.06. Is there something that I have missed?  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

1,419Posts

195Kudos

144Solutions

Re: Superannuation taking all wages into account

Hi @CYP,

I would recommend double checking the setup of your superannuation and wage categories using this help page, Superannuation.

Let us know how you go. If you get stuck please reply with screenshots of your setup which will help us understand better.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Developer

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CYP
Partner
11 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Jake,

Thanks for your response.  I've checked and compared.  Superannuation is linked to two different expense accounts.  The superannuation is calculating correctly for the two employees that are linked to one of the expense accounts, however there are four employees linked to a second expense account that are not calculating correctly.

I have compared employee cards as well as compared the superannuation information for each linked expense account.  Superannuation is now calculating the incorrect amount - super should be $255.77 and not $182.68.

The original problem I had where super was calculating gross payments including car allowance, but since I checked all the cards, this appears to have been rectified, but superannuation is now totally wrong.  Please advise.

Quinny
19 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

19Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @CYP 

When superannuation is calculated it looks at the total amount paid to the employee in the month. If super in April was previously incorrect the software will automatically work out the adjustment when the next pay run is processed in April. If you look at the total earnings for the month of april and work out super based on this it should be correct.

You can also do a test pay run with the payment date in May to make sure that super is now calculating correctly in a fresh month.

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Brian

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post