Forum Discussion

TomNAS
User
3 years ago
Solved

Unable to process payroll for 1 July 2021

Hi,

I am trying to process a payroll for 1 July 2021 and am not able to get past this screen.

"Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close"

The problem lies with the new financial year as if we put the payment date backt o 30/06/20 it runs smoothly.

The error details are below and start with:

Stack Trace
----------------------------------------
1 : System.ArgumentException
----------------------------------------
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

We would love to get this sorted so we can do the payroll for the new financial year.

Thanks

Tom

• Hi TomNAS 

I can see that you have sent that company file in and the team has managed to get that company file repaired and returned to you.

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TomNAS 

This is something that our product teams are currently investigating for users. However, in the meantime, I have sent you out an email with regards to arranging that company file to come in for an investigation and possible repair by our team.

TomNAS
      User

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the response.  I haven't received the email as yet.  Would you be able to resend to thomas.chen@nasaustralia.com.au

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi TomNAS 

I can see that you have sent that company file in and the team has managed to get that company file repaired and returned to you.

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

NutBol
      Contributing User

I am having the same problem & error message when trying to run first pay for new year, for period 27-Jun to 03-Jul. 

Also, I finalised pays for 2020-21 in the Payroll Reporting Centre on 02-July, and subsequently, on 05-July, reviewing the EOFY Finalisation Screen for 2020-21, all employees remain ticked as finalised. Employees have checked their MyGov Inboxes, and there is no message from the ATO that their Income Statement is available. Is their a problem with the MYOB AccountRight / ATO interface, or is it just a matter to waiting?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi NutBol 

I would recommend checking out Unable to process pays in the new payroll year for more information on that particular situation.

In looking into your account, I can see that you do have an active subscription with a free company file. This should allow you to upload the file via File>>Go Online (Upload this File) - assuming Help>>About AccountRight doesn't show company file ID 1. If that Help>>About AccountRight shows company file ID 1 then you would be looking at taking a backup of the file and restoring online - File>>Backup then File>>Restore>>Restore online using AccountRight Live.

• Hi,

AccountRight Application Error Report
    =====================================
    Application Version: 2021.3.24.4119
    Application File Version: 2021.3.24.4119
    Incident Id: 8c7e0f36-d0eb-4ecf-b087-ebc7aec73f91
    Time: Tuesday, 6 July 2021 11:17:22 AM

Code:
    System.ArgumentException

An item with the same key has already been added.

Please refer to the above error message. I am having the same problem. I raised the issue through live chat on the 1st of July and no one contacted me yet to resolve my issue. I am not able to process payslips that were paid 5 days ago. 

Could someone can contact me to assist me with this matter?

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi AmyOh 

I would recommend checking out Unable to process pays in the new payroll year for more information on that particular situation. 

In short, if you are using an offline file you would typically encounter that message. In your case, if you using that file online and it is ID 1 (Help>>About AccountRight), restoring a backup of that file online should resolve that situation for you and allow those pays to be processed. If it is a different company file ID do let us know and we'll be happy to look further into that situation for you.

AmyOh
        User

Thank you for your prompt reply, Steve!

My case number for this matter is 00705443 if it helps you to identify my problem.

Yes, I am using an offline file for AccountRight.