Update Event through STP for Tax File Number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
tonti83
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Update Event through STP for Tax File Number

Hi,

I processed one pay for an employee, who's employment ended quickly. I had his tax details, and expected the return of the TFN declaration form. He didn't return the form, so now I need to update the pay through STP with the TFN listed as 000 000 000. How do I do this? Do I need to reverse the pay and re-enter it, or can I just process another pay for him with no amount/hours, and have this update his TFN for the ATO?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Re: Update Event through STP for Tax File Number

Hi @tonti83 

Thank you for your post. What you will need to do is:

1. Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List.
  2. Click the Employee tab and then click the zoom arrow next to the employee card you want to enter details for. The Card Information window appears.
  3. Click the Payroll Details tab. This window is divided into a number of subsections.
  4. Click a tab on the left of the window to enter payroll details.
    Employee details tabs.png
  5. Click on Taxes
  6. Type the employee’s tax file number in the Tax File Number field. 

Here is also a Help Article you might find useful to Terminate an employee in Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Please let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

tonti83
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply, however I was already able to do all this, and I had entered his TFN and processed his pay through STP, but now I need to change the TFN to the 000 000 000 option because he didn't return a TFN Declaration.

I'm wondering if I change it to 000 000 000 in his Payroll Details, and then enter a NIL pay run, whether this will be enough to update this information for the ATO, or whether I need to delete/reverse his pay, and then put it through again with the new TFN information?

Thanks.

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @tonti83 

If update the details and do a $0 pay, this should update the details for the ATO. Please let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post