W1 Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jules23
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

71Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

W1 Error

I am completing my BAS, however my W1 amount differs to my MYOB reports.  The difference is $120, which I have worked out relates to a Bereavement Payment.  The amount on the report is $120 more than what is showing on W1.  I have gone into settings in Prepare BAS/IAS and noticed the Bereavement Payment wasn't showing as a reporting category. I have amended this, however the amount at W1 has not changed. Could I please have some advice. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: W1 Error

Hello @Jules23 

STP uses the assigned ATO reporting categories to report payments to the ATO, however, the BAS then uses the Payroll Categories found in Payroll Categories >> Wages tab. For the bereavement payment to appear in the W1 field, you will need to check that they have been selected in your BAS set up.

You can do this by logging into your BAS and clicking on Settings >> Set up activity statement fields >> Add Code or Category. You should be able to check there to ensure that the Payroll Category used for the berevement pay is included in the list.. Once you have selected the missing categories, click on Update from ledger in the top right corner of the BAS lodgment screen to update those settings.

Alternatively, you may find a Setup button on the form itself, next to the field in question, and from there you can ensure bereavement pay is included in the W1 calculation.

ias.PNG

Let me know how you get on and if I can be of any further assistance. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Jules23
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

71Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Re: W1 Error

@Emily_B  Thank you.  I had actually done all as you suggested however I had failed to click Update from Ledger.  Once I updated it as you suggested,  it calculated correctly. Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post