aba file format not accepted by CBA

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
cct001
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

aba file format not accepted by CBA

Every week, I do an an aba file for importing into CBA netbank to process pays. Today, I imported the aba file into CBA and a message comes up saying ..

"Your file contains incorrect formatting. Check it for errors and try again. Tell me more"

What is going on MYOB! 

4 REPLIES 4
AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Re: aba file format not accepted by CBA

Hello @cct001 ,

Incase the ABA file has been corrupted in the process of creating or uploading the file to CBA. For testing purposes, are you able to try and recreate the ABA file.

Here are the steps:

1- You will simply need to open that Electronic payment Transaction. (you will be able to find it under Banking > Bank register or under 'Transaction Journal' > Disbursements tab) 

2- Once you have found the electronic payment transaction, you can open it and then select Edit > Delete electronic payment transaction (at the top left). Once the electronic payment transaction is deleted, the transactions within will revert back into the Banking > Prepare Electronic Payments screen and then you can reprocess the transactions to create a new ABA file.

Let us know if the above doesnt work so we can track this issue.

(Also we need to avoid opening the aba file before its uploaded to CBA. Another precaution we can take is to temporarily disable any system backup programs like onedrive/dropbox that might interfere with the ABA file, whilst you are doing this process)

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
cct001
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Ali.

I did do your steps below but same message has come up.

Have just tried again now that the bank feed issue seems to be resolved but still same message.

I have done aba file for St George bank for another client and that went through ok.

Could it be a CBA issue or a MYOB file problem for this client?

AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Well done on giving that a go.
At this point it is unclear where the issue resides. If we get any clients with an issue with the CBA's portal, i can try and come back to give you an update. The only other testing strategies i can recommend on the MYOB side is as follows:

1- Delete, recreate and upload the ABA file in two or more lots. (the more the better)

This will allow us to narrow it down to:

a) Perhaps a single supplier or an employee's information may be incorrect.

b) Perhaps one of the tranactions being processed in the Prepare Electronic Payment screen is corrupt

2- If you can see anything out of the ordinary like any irregular characters in any of the transactions recorded or irregular characters being used in the banking information stored for one of the newer cards that were created. This may also need addressing.

Let us know how you go.

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
cct001
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thanks Ali

I picked up a few at a time and got down to one employee whose bank details were not complete.

So apologies for being a bit crazy. I have been a bit stressed with the bank feed issue today so this as well just got me!!

Thanks for your help. All good now with the aba file.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post