reinstating an employee and STP2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

reinstating an employee and STP2

I have just transferred across to STP 2 and I am today reinstating an employee who left us in 2019.  Are there any extra steps I have to take to set her up differently or should I perhaps start a new card?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Reinstating an employee

I have reinstated an employee however how do I clear their previous entitlements carry over figure? They were terminated in 2019 and have some annual leave and personal leave accrued from when they previously left, but this would be in error as they were fully paid out upon termination.

Thanks

Lilly1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Reinstating an employee

Hi,
I had this issue too - you just need to do a new pay run with minus the figure they're owed to make their balance 0.
Because we now have to report to the ATO every time, you can't just 'clear' the figure. You've got to process a whole new pay run with 0.00 being everywhere else and -2.5 (for example) in the annual leave or sick leave categories.

nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Our new employee has not had anything reported to the ATO as yet.  Can't I just clear the figures somehow?  I want them cleared before I run her first payrun, so that she starts from zero, rather than me paying her and then running a zero $ payrun with the negative figures.

Alternatively if I run a zero $ payrun first, then when I process the actual payroll for this week, do I report it as a new payrun or an updated payrun?  I've never had to send an updated run before.

Or maybe I send this week's payrun and put the negative figures for leave in this week's actual payrun?

I'm a bit confused!

nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Lilly1

Our new employee doesn't exist at the ATO yet on our STP 2.  Can I perhaps put her first payment through with the minus leave amounts added to this weeks's actual accrued amounts in this week's payrun? 

Lilly1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Nicole,

As far as I am aware, with MYOB, you have to do a separate pay run with the updated (minused) figures from here on out. I suppose a way around this might be to make a completely new employee card for this reinstated employee card, perhaps? I just know you cannot manually make figures 0 without running a pay run. 
Hope this somewhat helps.

nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thanks Lilly1, 

I made her old card inactive and started a new card, everything is at zero.  Great suggestion.  Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post