super payment doubled up

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Cathy1
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

super payment doubled up

I have made the mistake of double paying my super for the 3rd quarter because MYOB was showing that it was still processing.

The payments already went through to the superfunds before I realised what had happened.  

I want to contribute the difference between the 3rd quarter payment (which was made twice) and the 4th quarter contributions which are still owing.

How do I make this happen?

I hope this explanation is clear enough.  I know what the difference is. I just don't know how to process it through myob.

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: super payment doubled up

Hi @Cathy1 

Thanks for your post. If you want to use the overpayment as a credit to be used up in subsequent contributions you will need to use the Pay Liabilities feature to manually record some of the superannuation payments, but you would need to manually keep track of the amount of superannuation consumed.

The Help Article, Reversing and reprocessing super payments, has information on this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Cathy1
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your help with this.  How would i report the deference to the ATO?

Thanks Cathy

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Cathy1 

You don't need to report the difference to the ATO. You report the super amount accrued when you process pay runs and declare through STP. The super funds report to the ATO when those contributions are paid. So the ATO can match what you should have paid with what you have actually paid. 

If you haven't already it might be worth checking with the super funds how they deal with double payments and how they are reported to the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post