Bank Processing Date prior to System Date

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Eric3
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Bank Processing Date prior to System Date

So, I needed to undo a bulk electronic payment as there was a payment in the bulk payment assigned to the wrong invoice.

I deleted the electronic payment, made the amendment, and then tried to process the bulk payment for the same day the old payment had been processed (22 Sept 22).  I got the message "Processing date can not be before system date."  Now, I thought, I'll just change the system date and try again.

Restarted computer

Amended system date to 22 Sep 22

Started MYOB

Tried to process bulk transaction for 22 Sep 22.

I got this error:

"Transmission date out of range"

I do not want to have to restore a back up version from the 22nd and have to re-do all the work I've done since then, but I'm beginning to think this may be the only option.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Bank Processing Date prior to System Date

Hi @Eric3 

Thank you for your post. If the file is Online, it will not allow you to do this. A possible work around could be is to take a back up of your online file > Restore the back up locally > Make the changes you need to make > Take a back up > Restore the new back up file online so it replaces the current file in the cloud. Our help article Restore your company file has instructions under heading To restore a backup online (to replace your online working company file) on how to do this.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Eric3
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for that, does that mean I'll need to repeat all of the work I've done since 22 Sept?

Is it possible to journal the amount of the payment from Electronic Clearing to the operating account without processing the payment again?

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @Eric3 

You may be able to journal from the electronic clearing account to the main account, however the transaction will stay in the Electronic Clearing Account as it didn't get pushed out of the account. If you would want to do this I recommend talking to an accounting advisor to make sure you are using the correct accounts in this transaction.

Have you tried to change the date using the browser version? Open app.myob.com and you might be able to record it there.

If you take a backup of your online file as per the link I sent you and restore it offline, you will keep your latest data. It is just that your file needs to be offline for the system date change to have an effect without an error message. Once that is done you can reupload your updated file online.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Eric3
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

I decided to delecte the bulk electronic payment from the electronic clearing account, then just do the transactions individually on the day they left the bank account.  There were only 30 or so transactions, so it didn't take long.

MYOB seriously need to look at this as it's sometimes necessary to go back and correct bulk payments.

Thanks!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post