Change Account Codes to Transaction in Previous Periods

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AEH2
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Change Account Codes to Transaction in Previous Periods

Our BAS has been lodged and the period prior to 1 Jan 2022 has been locked.  We've now flagged some invoices from last year that were coded to the wrong expense code.  Is it going to create any problems if we unlock the period and change the account code?  There will be no changes to the GST value or amount of the invoice. 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Change Account Codes to Transaction in Previous Periods

Hi @AEH2 

Thanks for your post. If the amounts and GST codes stay the same changing those invoices won't impact your activity statements. However, changing the transactions will unreconcile them so you will need to undo the bank reconciliations and then re-do them.

The other option is to journal the amounts from the incorrect expense account to the correct one. I would recommend checking with your accountant before recording that journal to ensure it is correct for your situation.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post