Forum Discussion

Ronb1228
Contributing Partner
3 years ago
Solved

Error in sales invoice billing address in web browser

Hi,

When working between the desktop and browser versions of AR I notice that the billing address for sales invoices in the browser has incorrectly picked up the 'Ship To' address from the sales transaction instead of the billing address as shown in the customer card.  There are often occasions when an invoice must show a shipping address as well as the (correct) billing address.  The browser version of the sales invoice appears only to allow a billing address. The customised sales invoice form shows the correct details if created in the desktop but it would be helpful if the default sales invoice created in the browser also allowed for a shipping address.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Ron

• Hi Yanike_S 
    (Sorry Yanike, I forgot to add your link!). 
     Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I guess my query was a little unclear. I understand that the Shipping Address currently is picked up from the customer card. However, there will be businesses who service multiple sites (like one of my clients) and to source the shipping address from the Card will not suffice (that would be left blank). So each sales invoice that is issued will likely have a different shipping address which.should flow through to a blank sales invoice field ready for insertion. At present, if the Card has a blank Shipping address field, then the relevant sales invoice shows no field for Shipping (in the browser version). If I'm correct, then I think the only workaround would be to revert to the Desktop version where you can insert a shipping address in the sales transaction invoice. Perhaps a further task for the MYOB developers?
    Cheers Ron

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Ronb1228 

Thanks for your post.

Testing this in my software, if I have entered a shipping address in the customer card, it will appear on PDF copies of the invoice in the browser. See my examples below:

If this is not the case for you, could you attach some screenshots so I will be able to investigate this further?

Ronb1228
      Contributing Partner
      Hi Yanike, Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I guess my query was a little unclear. I understand that the Shipping Address currently is picked up from the customer card. However, there will be businesses who service multiple sites (like one of my clients) and to source the shipping address from the Card will not suffice (that would be left blank). So each sales invoice that is issued will likely have a different shipping address which.should flow through to a blank sales invoice field ready for insertion. At present, if the Card has a blank Shipping address field, then the relevant sales invoice shows no field for Shipping (in the browser version). If I'm correct, then I think the only workaround would be to revert to the Desktop version where you can insert a shipping address in the sales transaction invoice. Perhaps a further task for the MYOB developers? Cheers Ron
        Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Ronb1228 

I am sorry I misunderstood you.

I tested this again in my software and you are able to change the address of the customer in the browser, but you will have to do this via their customer card (rather than via the invoice itself).

See these screenshots with a customer without a shipping address in AccountRight:

This is currently expected software behaviour, but I do understand you would want to edit the shipping address while you are in the invoice in the browser. I have passed this feedback on to the team.

Ronb1228
      Contributing Partner
      Hi Yanike_S 
      (Sorry Yanike, I forgot to add your link!). 
       Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I guess my query was a little unclear. I understand that the Shipping Address currently is picked up from the customer card. However, there will be businesses who service multiple sites (like one of my clients) and to source the shipping address from the Card will not suffice (that would be left blank). So each sales invoice that is issued will likely have a different shipping address which.should flow through to a blank sales invoice field ready for insertion. At present, if the Card has a blank Shipping address field, then the relevant sales invoice shows no field for Shipping (in the browser version). If I'm correct, then I think the only workaround would be to revert to the Desktop version where you can insert a shipping address in the sales transaction invoice. Perhaps a further task for the MYOB developers?
      Cheers Ron