In Tray Purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SGW
Trusted Cover User
44 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

44Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

In Tray Purchases

Hi,

I'm after some guidance on using the intray. 

I select a Bill,

then select Create an Invoice, 

type the name of the Supplier,

select the appropriate Purchase Order from the list that populates for that supplier,

convert to a Bill,

and then the pdf attachment disappears and is not linked.

The only way to do this is to convert the order to a bill first? which means it doesn't detect the Bill number or Bill date, and you have to edit manually?

TIA

Steve 

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: In Tray Purchases

Hi @SGW 

In Tray documents are designed to be linked to Bills. Ideally, if you have recorded an order and it does need a document attached to it, that order should be converted into a Bill and the user should use the Link to Existing option to attach that document.

We are aware that when users are selecting a supplier through the In Tray process that they can select a pre-existing order from the Select From List window. In doing that it will open the purchase in the order window however, lose the document attachment. This is something that has been raised with the required team in the past as an area for further investigation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SGW
Trusted Cover User
44 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

44Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Steven,

I just wanted to confirm what I am doing is correct. Hopefully they can fix that issue as it will make the the entering of purchases much more fluid. I can't imagine many businesses would be entering Bills without having done a  purchase order first, it seems clunky the way it is.

Also, is there any news on when the M-Powered payment feature will be available. It was the main reason I held off leaving Premier until last year. Not having to carry out the extra steps of creating and uploading a bank file reduced errors and saved time.

Regards

Steve

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SGW 

M-Powered Payments have been replaced in the AccountRight 20xx range with Direct payments (part of the electronic payments function). More information on that feature can be found on Setting up AccountRight for direct electronic payments.

Note: Only businesses registered as Sole Traders and/or Private Companies with the Australian Business Registry will be eligible for direct electronic payments.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SGW
Trusted Cover User
44 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

44Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Steven,Screenshot 2021-03-30 105136.jpg

Could you let me know if there is another setting I need to look at first. I don't have the 'send payments' option visible.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SGW 

Typically, that Send Payments/Manage Payments options would be listed in that window. If that option is not listed, I would recommend ensuring that you are logging into the company file as the AccountRight Live Owner and that your ABN is listed as a Sole Trader and/or Private Company within the Australian Business Registry. Do ensure that you are using AccountRight 2020.2 or later.

If you are still requiring assistance with that setup process we do recommend contacting our team on 1300 783 674 between 9am and 5pm (AEST) Monday to Friday or by sending an email to payments_support@myob.com

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SGW
Trusted Cover User
44 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

44Posts

2Kudos