In Tray

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NadiaRavanello
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

In Tray

My in tray won't open and won't allow me to add a document - I was on the phone for 2 hours waiting for assistance - finally got to someone and they hung up - sooooo annoyed.  Can someone please tell me why i'm not able to open the in-tray??????????????????????????????????????????? URGENTLY PLEASE!!

10 REPLIES 10
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: In Tray

Hi @NadiaRavanello 

I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to offer assistance with the In Tray. However, could you provide some more context into what is occurring- for example, are you selecting the In Tray button and it doesn't appear on screen? Are you getting an error message? Is it a case of you can open the window but you can't upload a document?...

If you are encountering the situation where you are selecting the In Tray button and nothing is appearing on screen, try selecting that option and going Windows (top of the screen)>>Cascade. What this will do is pull all the open windows onto the screen, so if you have accidentally moved or for some that window is appearing off-screen it will be pulled back so it can be accessed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

NadiaRavanello
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I can see the 'in tray' but when I hit it - absolutely nothing happens - nothing - it doesn't open.  I get a message to press F1 for information on how to use it.  

NadiaRavanello
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Did you get my response?  Basically when I hit the 'in-tray' icon nothing happens - i get a message at the bottome of my screen to hit P1 - which explains how to use the in-tray - i've been using it for a few years so that's not the issue - the thing isn't working and I can't add documents if I can't open it!!  Thanks 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @NadiaRavanello 

Did you try that window's cache option? As it does sound like the window is just appearing off-screen and needs to be brought across. I would also make sure that you are opening the online version of the company file - the bar at the bottom of the window when accessing the file would be green.

If that is still not working as intended, I would be looking at reinstalling the software to see how you get on after that process. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

NadiaRavanello
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I've tried that window's cache option - nothing it working!!  it simply won't open!!  Can you please provide a solution as a matter of urgency....

NadiaRavanello
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Please note we have three entities on MYOB, the in-tray is working for 2 of the three entities and NOT for 1.  Can I please get some assistance as a matter of urgency.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @NadiaRavanello 

If other company files are working fine on that computer, it would tend to indicate that it's a factor within that company file.

After selecting Purchases>>In Tray -- do you have In Tray listed under the Window menu?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

NadiaRavanello
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I've managed to fix it.  I had our IT guy have a look.  This took much too long to get a response - can you tell me why it takes so long to get a response via any method of communication.  I was on hold for 2 hours the other day, only for the call to drop out - I don't think that's acceptable??  This matter has now been fixed but unfortunately not by MYOB.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @NadiaRavanello 

Great to hear that your situation has been resolved and you have managed to access the In Tray. You might like to share the solution so that others in the MYOB Community can benefit.

In terms of your phone based experience, I'm sorry to hear that is the case and you've had that experience. If you have a query you are always welcome to post it on this Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post