Inventory Reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mapleloor
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Inventory Reconciliation

I am having trouble getting my inventory to balance and also entering a credit note for items that we incorrectly charged in December as it is saying that is has a zero balance.  The item in question also has a (-) value of 817.74 in the reconcilliation before I have done any transactions for this item.  I have run a detail item transaction report back to 1/7/2020 and there are no transactions on this item before 13/10/21.  Yet if I run a reconciliation report for 1/9/21 it is showing the item with the negative value above.

1 REPLY 1
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,037 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,037Posts

918Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Inventory Reconciliation

Hi @Mapleloor 

Unfortunately MYOB's inventory module is a little like that - unreliable - you will see posts all over the forum with different un-explainable examples. Sometimes it picks up figures randomly and then creates astronomically high COGS amts or on hand Values (into the millions!). 

From personal experience I would say the bulk of the errors are caused by editing or deleting invoices/bills. MYOB incorrectly updates things in the back end.

It is essentially up to the user to manage and control inventory. 

The only solution I can suggest is to record an Inventory Adjustment Journal to set the SOH and Value to what it should be today.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post