Forum Discussion

JSCHM41
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago

Invoices disappearing in MYOB

Hi,

Have had a issue pop up recently, where an invoice that has been sent to a customer has disappeared out of our system.
Initally we though it had been deleated, however when looking at adjustments that were made for the invoice, none of those values are over when they should be, and all the items that were stocked and should have been taken out of stock, are still in stock.

We tried to manually input the invoice, however we have been getting the error message that the invoice number is in use, and we cannot use it again.
I have also found the invoice in sent emails through myob, however it comes up "you do not have permission to view the transaction or its been deleated"
I have also looked though the journal security audit report, however I have been able to find the specific transaction.

I would like to find out what happended to this invoice, mostly too see if is an isolated incident, an employee error, or somthing else.
Any feedback on where I should look further would be appricated.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JSCHM41 

How to make an invoice disappear if your file is online:

Make a backup, enter invoice in online file. Print, email etc. Restore the backup online. Open online file. There is no trace of the invoice.

Basically invoices cannot disappear. And it is almost impossible to delete one without leaving a trace. If an invoice is missing, most of the time it is because it was entered in a different copy of the company file to the one you are now looking at. This is where I would start looking.

Regards

Gavin

JSCHM41
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Gavin12345,

None of my employees are able to access the online file, let alone know how to pull and restore backups.

The weirdest thing is that there is a trace of the invoice, but no trace of it being delated.

for example we do stock adjustments to put labour, consumables and other parts into inventry to bill out so if the invoice was created, invoiced to the customer then delated those items would be instock and I would have a discrepecy, however I do not have them in stock.

The only trace I have is of it being sent in "sent emails" to the customer, and myob telling me that the invoice number is already in use, but I cannot find it (looking forward and backwards in date range)

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi JSCHM41 

Try using date range 31/12/9998 - I have seen invoices dated on 5023 rather than 2023.

Regards

Gavin