Forum Discussion

HoneySandra
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Myob not recognising duplicate supplier invoices from intray entry

I have just noticed that MYOB does not recognise duplicate supplier invoices when they have been entered from the intray?

Can someone from MYOB please advise what is happening and if it will be fixed. I have correctly ticked my prefereces for this alert and has only happened when I enter from the INTray.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi HoneySandra 

Thank you for your post. At this stage, Essentials doesn't have the ability to warn for duplicate supplier invoice numbers. 

I have passed your feedback on to the team for consideration for future updates.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

HoneySandra
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Samara,

I am not entering into MYOB Essentials, but rather am working from AccountRight. I work from my desktop but the files are online. If I pick up a supplier invoice from the intray, and I have already previously entered a duplicate invoice, the program does not seem to pick up that this is a duplicate invoice number.

Thanks, Sandra

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Sandra (HoneySandra)

Thanks for confirming the product. I've tried reproducing the error and am not seeing the same on my version.

So we can assist you further on this, would you be able to check:

1. Go to Setup > Preferences > Purchases > Is Warn for duplicate ticked? Is purchase order / supplier invoice / or both - selected there?
        2. Reply with a screenshot of an example purchase that is being created from the In Tray.
        3. Reply with a screenshot of an example purchase with that same supplier invoice number that is not being warned against.
        4. The document you are using to create the purchase.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.