New Financial Year - Income

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LucyAB
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New Financial Year - Income

I have just run a Profit & Loss for the month of July in this new financial year FY2021. (We run July - Jun each year).

However, the report is not picking up all income received for the month of July even though invoices were paid in July and processed as received n MYOB on the correct dates.  

Why would this be happening?  How do I ensure all sales payments received are included and showing for the month of July?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: New Financial Year - Income

Hi @LucyAB 

Thanks for your post. Can you please clarify if you are running the Profit and Loss cash report (Accounts tab>>Small Business Entity) or the Profit and Loss Statement (Accounts tab>>Profit and Loss)?

The Profit and Loss Statement is the accrual P&L report and is based on the invoice date, not payment date. So if an invoice was recorded in June and paid in July, it would be reported in the June Profit and Loss Statement. The Profit and Loss [Cash} is the cash P&L report and reports based on payment date. So if an invoice is paid in July it will be reported in July regardless of the invoice date.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LucyAB
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: New Financial Year - Income

Thankyou.  I wasnt aware of the Small Business Entity function / reports and that has helped me.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post