On "Order" form, the "comment" duplicates to next order

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

On "Order" form, the "comment" duplicates to next order

If I have a comment that displays correctly on a new order; when I finalise that order and open a new order, the comment from the previous order displays on the new order.

I use the comment section to advise (in this case) that the customer has requested that I charge immediately to his credit card on order....this is a real problem when that comment (Credit Card Immediately) appears on another customer order.

It seems to remember the comment from the previous order.  The comment is not on the new customer (it is usually blank in their card; but it picks up the comment from the previous order when creating a new order)

If you need more information, please let me know.

4 REPLIES 4
Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Re: On "Order" form, the "comment" duplicates to next order

@Altec wrote:

If I have a comment that displays correctly on a new order; when I finalise that order and open a new order, the comment from the previous order displays on the new order.

I use the comment section to advise (in this case) that the customer has requested that I charge immediately to his credit card on order....this is a real problem when that comment (Credit Card Immediately) appears on another customer order.

It seems to remember the comment from the previous order.  The comment is not on the new customer (it is usually blank in their card; but it picks up the comment from the previous order when creating a new order)

I have not received any communication about this problem.  How can I report it so that your developers take a look at it in their next scrum?  It appears to be a bug.

@Altec wrote:

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Altec 

When you record a sale the system will look at the Sales comment listed on the customer's card - Card File>>Cards List>>Customer's card>>Selling Details>>Comment. Now, if that comment field is blank on the customer's card and the system will use the last entered one in the Enter Sales window. For example, say you enter a comment on an Invoice the next invoice will use that same comment provided that the customer's card default or a user updates that field.

My recommendation to prevent the unwanted comment from appearing is:

If its a set comment each invoice for that customer that you set that as the Sales comment on the customer's card.

If it's a different comment on each invoice, add a period ( . ) as the Sales comment on the customer's card. What this will do is add that onto each invoice for that customer so it can overwrite the previous message and then can be changed if required. If it doesn't need to be changed it would just produce a period in the comment field on the invoice.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi, thanks for your response. 

I can't imagine why that "feature" is in place i.e. to duplicate a comment from another customer onto the next, but your workaround will solve my problem.  Thanks for your help.

Acu-ease
Trusted User
49 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

49Posts

15Kudos

3Solutions

I don't find this workaround particularly useful. Having to enter something into each customer's Sale Comment field on their cards is going to take up a lot of time. As v19 did't have this issue, we have thousands of customers with empty Sale Comment fields. Just fix the problem please. Thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post