Receiving deposits/pre payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Twizzy
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Receiving deposits/pre payments

Hello, Can anyone help with the following question - Do prepayments/deposits show up as sales for the particular month the prepayment/deposit is received? A customer wishes to prepay for some work to be done, but we don't want it to show as sales until the work is completed. (Nice position to be in I know, but it could have a negative effect on us for that month) Hope that makes sense. We are using Account Right. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Receiving deposits/pre payments

Hi @Twizzy

Thank you for your post. Yes the deposit is reported in the month it is received. Our help article Customer prepayments has information and instructions on how to handle a customer prepayment within AccountRight, however if you don't want it to be reported when it is received I would recommend speaking to your accountant or financial advisor for an alternative or the ATO as there is specific rules for reporting deposits. 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post