Rounding issue - credit due of .005

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AMXComputers
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Rounding issue - credit due of .005

I got a credit remaining on an invoice of -$0.005 (not sure how it arrived at that).

Nothing I can do to fudge it or get get rid of it, it shows as .01 outstanding when I go to pay it - even i try pay that amount, I can as MYOB comes up with a rounding error and wont let me.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Re: Rounding issue - credit due of .005

Hi @AMXComputers 

I hope you have more luck than me - I posted a rounding error enquiry in May and have never had a response. The Payroll Clearing account is still out by one cent. Apparently the calculations don't round properly.

Cheers

Liz

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @AMXComputers and @Liz_A 

Sorry to hear that no one has replied to you yet, but I can explain what's happening there.

There is a situation we are aware of where if the total of an invoice comes out to 3 decimal places and the last digit is a 5, it can incorrectly round up. For example, if the line total is $0.565 it will incorrectly be rounded to 0.56 instead of 0.57 and this will create what you're seeing with the 0.01 outstanding amount.

The work around for this is to manually update the unit price by $0.001 so that the final line total doesn’t end in 0.005. i.e. in the above example, you would type $0.57 over the field that is calculating as $0.565.

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @SamaraM 

Please see my original post https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Payroll-Clearing-rounding-balance/td-p/76012... as it is the Payroll Clearing Account not anything to do with Sales or Purchases.

Regards

Liz

PS I have also sent a private message to @Tracey_H, regarding another client's reconciliation corruption, as requested and it hasn't been read, let alone replied to. Very frustrating.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post