Forum Discussion

LisaTerese
Experienced User
2 years ago

Sales - Time Billing Invoice Layout Accessibility Online

Hi All

I have been waiting for quite some time now for MYOB to allow transactional usage of the Time Billing invoice layout in Sales online.  We are able to access as 'Read Only', though are unable to use this Sales format when trying to invoice online.

With all the updates, modifications, add-ons that MYOB provide, this issue still has not been addressed and/or rectified.

I am currently using MYOB AccountRight 2023.1.0 desktop, mainly due to not being able tio invoice my debtors using the online platform.

Am I the only one encountering this issue - or the only person using Time Billing format for invoicing?

I would be very grateful for some advice/feedback as to when/if MYOB will be addressing/rectifying this issue, please?

Thank you in advance for your reply and assistance.

LisaTerese

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LisaTerese 

Currently, the AccountRight Desktop application will be the only interface in that you can enter time billing invoices. The AccountRight browser interface, only allows services and item layouts. As to when that browser interface will allow for that functionality, at this stage, we don't have any immediate plans for that functionality. We may be looking into that functionality for the browser but it is currently not within the scope of the browser interface at this time (to my knowledge).

LisaTerese
      Experienced User

Good Morning Steve

Thank you kindly for your reply, though may I ask as to why MYOB feels that the functionality to have time billing format accessable through the browser interface is not required or considered important (at this stage), please?

Does MYOB not feel that this functionality is not needed by their customers?  All users using the time billing format should have the ability to continue using this layout on both desktop and browser.  We should not have to have our businesses disadvantaged by MYOB not supplying this functionality to their paying customers.

I am sure that I am not the only person using time billing layout for my invoices, and it would be very helpful if we were able to invoice our customers from various locations and on different devices.

I appreciate that these processes are not straightforward, though as a paying customer, I feel that MYOB should have the browser interface available for use for time billing layout invoicing.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards

LisaTerese

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi LisaTerese 

There is a number of factors that goes into the development of our programs. 

In terms of time billing, there is also a number of different functions, processes, and workflows that do need to be added such as the generation of the activity list, activity slips, time billing layout in the Enter Sales window.

So, while we can see the benefits of that functionality, its not something that our product teams are actively considering at the moment. We are focusing on improving the current workflows in the software and the user experience. As a result, the time billing functionality is not something that is actively being considered at this time.

In the meantime, users are welcome to record timebilling invoices and use the timebilling module within the AccountRight desktop application.