1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Starting balance Trading Account for new year

Hi

Having an issue with my starting balance in MYOB for the new year. It appears that my balance just keeps rising each year and suspect I am missing 1 procedure  re Shareholders drawings maybe.

What tranaction should I enter for $ paid out to shareholders for drawings that will/should reduce the starting/ trading account balance.

Had my admin person do this before and now I am trying to find my own way - sorry may be a stupid question but I would appreciate your help.

1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Starting balance Trading Account for new year

Hi @DanC2024,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! 

In situations like this, consulting with an accountant is often recommended for an accurate solution. However, for a general idea, you can use either a journal entry or a spend money transaction. Here are the steps you can follow:

Create a Journal Entry or Spend Money Transaction:

• For a journal entry, select the appropriate accounts, debiting the Drawings or Shareholders' Drawings account and crediting the Cash or Bank account.
  • For a spend money transaction, directly record the payment to shareholders for drawings.

Enter the Amount: Input the specific amount paid out to shareholders for drawings.

Date the Transaction: Use the date when the payment was made for the transaction date.

Save the Entry: Save the journal entry or spend money transaction to record the transaction accurately in your accounting system.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post