how current value is calculated

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LL2113
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

how current value is calculated

Hi, just wondering if someone can help me with this. How come the current value is not $6114.96 rather than $6198.4? I am aware of using average method to calcuate COGS, How the current value $6198.4 is calculated?Screenshot 2022-06-21 item.jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-21 item.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: how current value is calculated

Hi @LL2113 

The current value is based on the purchases of the item in past transactions (or inventory adjustments). 

The way the Items register works is that it works from downwards to up. The current value would be the value as of the last transaction dated 20/04/2022, current value $0. You can also try running the report to the 31/12/9998 in case there may be future dated transactions. If you are expecting the current value to be $6114.96 I'd start by running the Company Data Auditor and checking for exceptions in Compare item values with inventory account.  This support note, Receivables, Payables or Inventory out of balance, has possible causes for an out of balance and how to fix them.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post