JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,899Posts

0Kudos

165Solutions

Hi all,

When I joined MYOB as Community Manager 18 months ago, what impressed me most about this forum was the extraordinary generosity of many contributors in sharing their knowledge and expertise.

Since joining the team, I’ve tried to introduce new ways of recognising and rewarding our top contributors, including these weekly emails, our Category Expert functionality, and improved leaderboards that can help promote your businesses. But of course, what’s apparent when you speak to contributors to the Community Forum is that they are more than happy to help others without any recognition or fanfare.

Tony Lane (aka @TonyLane) is a good example of one of our humble yet generous contributors. Tassie Tony would have helped thousands of people directly or indirectly on the Community Forum since he joined in 2011, and is has consistently been one of our most active participants.

Tony is now featured in a new monthly series here on the MYOB Community Blog called Getting to Know. We want to provide an opportunity for you to learn more about our most frequent contributors to the community. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I loved quizzing Tony about his fascinating journey to where he is today. I’d also be keen to hear any feedback about the blog, and receive nominations for future interview candidates.

There was plenty of activity this week on the Community Forum, with over 180 new members and over 420 posts. Our top contributors were @TonyLane, @The_Doc, @Julie_A_C, @ronatbas and @jenniek@TonyLane had seven posts marked as Accepted Solutions. A big thanks also to @ronatbas and @The_Doc who had authored multiple solutions.

Thank you to all those community members who assisted others on the forum this week.

Love your work,

Jason Hill

Community Manager