Is the MYOB Shared Sandbox online file "private"?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Is the MYOB Shared Sandbox online file "private"?

The shared sandbox file which I have been given access to develop against. Is it visible only to me or is it a public myob file all dev have access to?

Naturally I do not want towrite any sensitive data or use our prod/testing data against it if it is

Also does it get reset or is the data in there permanently ?

6 REPLIES 6
kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Is the MYOB Shared Sandbox online file "private"?

noone? am I really the only person that is wondering this?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @kjm 

Sandbox files provided to developers for testing purposes are shared files across a number of developers and not exclusively for one individual developer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

ok thanks for that @Steven_M 

is there any way I can setup a test file so I can test my software against it instead of ttesting against a production file?

I would like a "private" one as the so I dont have to create fake data..I dont want to have to obfuscate data and also our setup is fairly complex I dont want to have other devs come in and change it 

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

I have a file named after my email biut I think that is an essentials filew and when I try and connect my app against that I get a 401...would it be possible to use this file? does it need to be given permissions to be used or something?

Drewh
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It would be really beneficial to have private sandboxes for developers. We can use dummy data for testing but it's far easier to catch issues during development when you use real data, simply due to the diversity of it. Obviously we can't do this if other developers are able to see our real data.

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

@Drewh 
yes I agree. Not having a private environment means we cannot test withour existing dataset. This is real live data of real people. We cant have that in a shared environment for others to see and read. 

This makes the sandbox really only good for testing the most simplistic scenarios not more complex scenarios based on data already existing

Anyway, I think the solution I am going to have to use is to keep a networked myob file just for this purpose so that testing our software will write to a networked myob file that has been restored from a online backup

Cant imagine there ar eany technical chalanges to providing a private myob file  (it could even be deleted automatically if no activity detected in 30 days)

Even allowing us to upload a copy of another file to use for testing and then delete it after a peiod of time would be hugely useful. I can only imagine it is done to save resources/money. I can understand this but I think it is pretty poor

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post