Scheduled Jobs and Login using OAuth2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Scheduled Jobs and Login using OAuth2

I am running background jobs using  c#/Hangfire on a networked server connecting to myob

This runs a series of jobs on the hour and overnight. 

Problem is now that we are going online to connect to MYOB there will need to be a login before the job starts and can connect to MYOB. I have built the oauth connection for gettign the token using our inhouse app and that is fine but that has a user interaction to it..these background jobs do not as it is a machineto machine credential flow.

My understanding is that MYOB has not implemented this spec defined here RFC 6749: The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework (rfc-editor.org)

Client Credentials Flow (auth0.com)

How are others getting around this?  

1 REPLY 1
Michael_K
Experienced Partner
20 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Scheduled Jobs and Login using OAuth2

Hi - just came across your posts re MYOB Online for STP 2 and using APIs.

I'm in the same boat.

We have a suite of inhouse built PHP apps on our local server which use MYOB API. Been solid for many years but now have to go online - such a pain.

How has testing gone for you with API connecting to your company file online instead of local network?

I'm going to start testing ASAP. My personal email is khatib.michael@gmail.com if you'd like to connect and share ideas.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post