Forum Discussion

NINAW13
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Allocating payroll payments

Hi, I have always been on the Essentials program but have recently been upgraded to Business. I'm finding some things very frustrating, it isn't as straightforward to use as the Essentials.  Usua...
    Genreve_S
    6 months ago

Hi NINAW13

Thank you for the response. We appreciate your effort in sending us a screenshot of your Find Transaction window. 

Based on the screenshot you've attached; the payroll transactions seem to be passing through the Electronic Clearing Account 1-3000. This means that the payroll transactions aren't recorded directly with the bank account of choice, as they are currently sitting in the Electronic Clearing Account. 

I suggest opening Payroll > Prepare Electronic Payments window, this is where your payroll transactions are going to show up. You will need to process the transfer from the Electronic Clearing Account to the right bank account one by one to match the bank feeds. Make sure to input the right date, amount, and bank account when creating transactions from this window. 

Also, I recommend reading through his article, Making Electronic Payments. This will show you the step-by-step process you need to follow. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,

Genreve