Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoice Template Footer Customisation

17Posts

32Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
User
New
New

We have limited abilities to customise the invoice template.

What we require is for the footer section to be editable.

The only options we have are customising the Header Style and Header Information.

~ A screenshot mockup is attached for reference.

Options we require in the footer are:

1. Have the footer editable to add/remove widgets or boxes.
  2. Have these editable in the master template.
  3. Have the option to edit individual invoices for deeper customisation. (For some clients we do not want to give bank details and only give them card options).

The screenshot attached - sections numbered

1. I have added a mockup design for a Footer section dropdown.
  2. Named each box in the footer as Widgets 1, 2, and 3 for reference purposes.
  3. Widgets 1,2,3 are set to Add as default. (Because MYOB already has them there). However, when you select No it will remove the widget. Eg: Select No on BPAY and it will remove the BYAY box widget.
  4. Set to No as default, but have the option to add an additional comment box by selecting Yes. The notes section is good, but as web developers, we have additional final invoice terms on our invoices. Placing this information in the Notes section will make the invoice look cluttered, so if we had an option to place text at the footer > full width in a smaller font (say 10px), would be handy.
  5. Only visible once the Comment box Yes is selected. It conditionally opens up the Comment box placement option.

We feel that deeper template customisation is required as all our clients have different needs. Once these modifications are completed, we can then create multiple templates for the different services we offer.

Screenshot-mockup.png
13 Comments
Stellio
1 Post
User

These are great ideas Bruce, something we desperately need to add in. 

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @B_ruce

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Thank you for sharing your ideas. Your feedback is extremely important to us and will help us enhance our services to better meet your needs. I encourage you to  post on the Idea and Exchange board for consideration. 

Feel free to post again if you have other questions or concerns. We are happy to assist you.  

Kind Regards,  

Cel

B_ruce
17 Posts
User

Thanks @Stellio, agreed!

We do not need Bpay as we cant pass on the fee like you can with c/cards.

B_ruce
17 Posts
User

@Celia_B What? This is posted on the Idea and Exchange board.

Is there another Idea and Exchange board I do not know of?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @B_ruce,

I humbly ask for your understanding, and I apologize for my initial response. You were able to post it on our Idea and Exchange board and this is the only board we have where you can provide your ideas. We appreciate your time and effort in sharing your ideas with us. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

B_ruce
17 Posts
User

@Celia_B no worries 👍

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @B_ruce,

Thank you so much for your understanding. If you need further assistance or if you have any concerns in the future, feel free to post again. We are happy to assist. 

Cheers, 

Cel

B_ruce
17 Posts
User

@Celia_B any update on this yet?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @B_ruce,

Thank for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand how important this feature is for you. In this regard, we have limited abilities to customize the invoice template. I also understand that you may be looking for other options to customize your invoice. This feature is being looked at in the future. You can check out this link for an update, and rest assured that this is looked at as a priority. 

Please tell us if you have any further questions or need help in the future. Feel free to post again. We are happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks, 

Cel

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We need the ability to customise any form template just as in Account Right desktop online version. espcially the ability to change to landscape mode, add fiels, text, adjust column width etc...

I just looked at printing one of our invoices created in AR and what was a one page invoice becomes 2 or 3 pages using the browser version of MYOB...with little ability to customise anything.