Forum Discussion

LSolutions
Experienced Cover User
8 months ago

Completely wrong invoice emailed to client

Good afternoon,

I would like to raise an issue that a client recieved an invoice from us that was completely different to what we actually sent to them and have in our system.    The invoice had the same header and logo but everything else different bank details, a client I've never heard of, a description of a service we don't supply, an invoice number we dont use and dated 01/03/2022.   This looked so unprofessional to our client and I have since created a new invoice for her and sent it to myself first to make sure it didn't happen again.    

If it helps, this invoice was sent from a reoccuring transaction and was one of about 50 invoices sent in close timing.   

Can you please follow this up as this obviously should never happen.   If you need further details let me know as I have the email which shows the glitch.

Regards

Kristy Fry

31 Replies

Tailchaser
    Experienced Cover User

SHARING THE TEXT FROM A POST I JUST CREATED

WARNING TO USERS - MYOB Business sends another businesses invoices to clients

Hi all, 
    I wanted to share an issue that I became aware of yesterday. 
    I sent an invoice to a client and the PDF attachment that the client received was NOT the intended invoice and was NOT even from my MYOB file but  from a completely unrelated business. 

According to MYOB this is a ‘metadata’ issue and has been a known issue for over 2months. I was informed that there is currently NO resolution and NO timeframe for a potential resolution but I was assured that the developers are ‘working on it’. 

I was advised to manually download each invoice PDF and check it prior to sending it to clients directly from an external email application. 

Invoices, statements and reminders are all effected by this issue. 

This represents a serious data breach in my opinion as other businesses invoices are being sent to my clients and renders MYOB practically unusable….. 

It beggars belief that an accounting software program can’t even send the correct invoice to the correct client. 

LSolutions
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for sharing this, I agree it seems to be a data breach to have the wrong information going out to clients!

We certainly should not have to check every pdf before sending invoices to our customers especially if there is no known fix.

Lea50
      Contributing User

AND MYOB ARE CHARGING US A FEE FOR THIS

NOT HAPPY>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Lea50

Thank you for your post, and I'm genuinely sorry to learn about the difficulties you've been encountering. I can see that one of our MYOB Moderators has already responded to your post. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or need further assistance. We are here to help, and one of us will be more than happy to assist you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
        Regards,
        Earl

Marc-H
      Experienced Cover User

Happened here also

What a joke

So unprofessional 

Incorrect garbage invoice for a customer that we dont have has been sent to my client.

God knows where our actual invoice has ended up.

Also happened with quotes.

Not even worth complaining - the response will be to clear my cache or wait 3 hours on hold 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Marc-H

We appreciate your post regarding this issue. 

I understand how important security is for a business and we treat this issue as a priority. I will send you a private message to collect more information regarding this concern. 

We appreciate your patience. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to post again in the forum. 

Thanks,

Genreve

Deb1231
    Contributing User

This has happened to me also today. Very frustrating!

• Had same problem about 6mth ago dont waste your time with contacting myob they just blame your system. mine sent diff account name date was different went back before i even had myob billing address and bank details where correct there advise was to delete and resend. Cheers Gavin

• This has also happened to us on two occasions that I know of but with statements. Was quite embarrassing.

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi sonyaweiser

We value your participation and appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention. 

I understand that you're encountering some issues with sending emails. I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience. To assist you more effectively, I'll be reaching out to you privately to gather more details about the incorrect email your recipient received.

In the meantime, if you need help with anything else, please feel free to start a new thread. We're here to help.

Thanks,
      Genreve

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi sonyaweiser,

Just touching base with you about the issue you reported regarding the incorrect email your recipient received. I wanted to ensure that you're not left in the lurch. Please feel free to reply to my private message if you need any more help or clarification.

Thanks,
      Genreve

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi sonyaweiser

I hope this message finds you well. Since we haven't received any updates regarding your concern, we will be closing this case.

Feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
      Genreve