Forum Discussion

professormac
Experienced User
2 years ago

How to add name to Email Invoice for Company contacts?

In the new MYOB Essentials, if I Email Invoice for a Individual contact, their name is included in the email message (see attached image).

However, if I Email Invoice for a Company contact, their name is omitted from the email message (see attached image).

How can I rectify this, and which field in the Contacts editor is used for this purpose?

Many thanks!

Greg

17 Replies

pippypip
    Trusted Cover User

Im having the same problem. Also updated contacts will display the old name in this field so Im having to change it manualy very time I send. I have asked a number of times for this to be looked into but no response. This issue seems to have started with the so called upgrade to Business from Essentials. No one seems to be able to tell me where the old names are being picked up from and updating contacts isnt working. Very frustrating and MYOB dont seen to be concerned.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi professormac 

Thanks for posting. 

You can use email variables to populate customer-specific information in your invoice automatically. Upon checking on the screenshots, you've sent, notice that there is a missing info when you preview email variables. These email variables, didn't pick up a customer's first name as the customer is a company rather than an individual and doesn't have a first name field in their record.

You can check this Help Article: Set Up Default Emails. 

To fix this, go to Sales settings > Email defaults and replace the email variable.

Please note that Email variables are not available for customer statements, but you can enter free text to create a default message for the statements.

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Cel

AlanT
      Partner

Hi Celia_B 

What a poor solution.

'To Whom it may concern' is so impersonal.  A customer who is a company still has a field for the contact person, Essentials really needs to be able to pick up this field in the invoices AND statements emails.

AlanT

professormac
        Experienced User

I agree AlanT.

The most satisfactory workaround I've found (for now) is to set up my template as follows. It allows the first name of Individual contacts to appear and the business name of Business contacts to appear.

Dear {{customer_first_name}}{{customer_business_name}},

Please find tax invoice {{invoice_number}} for {{invoice_amount_due}} attached for my recent work. Payment is due by {{invoice_due_date}}.

Please get in touch if you've got any questions.

I hope that helps some people out until MYOB decides to provide the functionality they used to provide before they downgraded MYOB Essentials.