Forum Discussion

Enviro2
Experienced User
11 months ago
Solved

ATO - ATO error code: CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03

Im getting this error come up for employees that are no longer working with us, e.g they left during the financial year.  

• Employee income type contains invalid data. Check the field hasn’t been left blank, doesn't contain an extra space at the end of the value and doesn’t contain any invalid characters.
    (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03)

I have gone into the income type field and its a drop down box.  I have selected the correct option and saving.

I then send an update event but still get teh report is accepted with errors. 

Im at a loss as what to do next.

• Hi Enviro2 

Thanks for your post.

Normally this error means that there's an invalid character somewhere in your payroll information in MYOB. Invalid characters are "[ ] ! # $ % * ; = @ <>\ _ { } ^~`"

You'll need to check for (and remove) any invalid characters in your employee cards and payroll category names.

You will also be able to try the following as these have also shown to resolve this:

• For any of the drop-down list selections, ensure that these were selected from the drop-down list and not just typed in. eg for the State, instead of just typing NSW or WA  select it from the drop-down list.
    • Take out any spaces in the phone numbers.
    • Remove any brackets, / or - in the addresses
    • Make sure you put in the Country
    • Run a $0 pay run or an update event

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Enviro2 

Thanks for your post.

Normally this error means that there's an invalid character somewhere in your payroll information in MYOB. Invalid characters are "[ ] ! # $ % * ; = @ <>\ _ { } ^~`"

You'll need to check for (and remove) any invalid characters in your employee cards and payroll category names.

You will also be able to try the following as these have also shown to resolve this:

• For any of the drop-down list selections, ensure that these were selected from the drop-down list and not just typed in. eg for the State, instead of just typing NSW or WA  select it from the drop-down list.
    • Take out any spaces in the phone numbers.
    • Remove any brackets, / or - in the addresses
    • Make sure you put in the Country
    • Run a $0 pay run or an update event

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen