Bragg
User
12 years ago
Done

Setup: Add a budget

Hi

Feedback from our clients tells us that many clients would like a simple budgeting feature.

One suggestion was to enter in either a monthly, quarterly or yearly budgeted figure for each account and then a report to print at intervals to see how the actual expenses are comparing.

"Budgeting"

34 Comments

• Hi UCAMAE75 & PaulD77

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea.  I have shared your collected thoughts in regards to budgeting with the team.

PlayAnarchy
    Contributing User

I've added my vote to this.  Comaparison to a budget is essential and would enhance the current Essentials package enormously.  Win for us the users, but also a win for MYOB as it becomes a HUGE selling point.

Please develop!

• Please Please add a Budget tool, as the lack of this is making me retink the programme,

I returned to MYOB from another online program and find the lack of a budget and the ability to have a this year comparison to last year PNL & BS a major drawback. 

• Hi there PlayAnarchy and Kat1963,

Thank you for sharing your comments, and for your votes.

Given MYOB Essentials was initially meant to be a simplistic product, it does lack certain features that would benefit a lot of clients in running their business. However, we have grown and expanded the product and it's capabilities since, and will hopefully continue introducing new functions, such as budgeting ability, that would improve on the user experience of the software.

Anyone else who would like to see this implemented into MYOB Essentials, please cast your vote by clicking on the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading.

Cheers,

Tallie

Craggs
    Contributing Cover User

After three years of saying this under consideration, how can you not have it implemented yet :(

• This really does need to be addressed. As said by many, budgeting is an essential and basic requirement of any sized business. Pretty please?

• Hi Craggs

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea and the status of it.

As you have mentioned, currently this idea has been marked as Under Consideration for MYOB Essentials. At this stage we are unable to provide an exact time frame for when this idea will be marked as in development or implemented in the program. However its one of the things that the team are actively looking into for future updates. We are still encourage clients that would like to see this function included in the program to vote and comment if required for this idea.

I would aslo like to mention that budgeting is availabe in our AccountRight Live range of programs.

CloverQ
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    Open
    to
    Coming Soon

Thank you very much for your votes and comments for this idea, we are pleased to let you know our developers are working on adding budgets in Essentials Accounting. At this stage we don't have a definite time frame yet, we will be posting updates when we have more details. 

CloverQ
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    Coming Soon
    to
    Done

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your interest in this idea. Essentials Accounting has been improved with the budgeting feature, more details can be found in this blog: 

Get better insights into your business

Kind regards,

Clover