100% GST AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner
New Zealand
Valued Partner

324Posts

3Kudos

14Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

100% GST AccountRight

Have been using Import Duty 100% tax type for a long time for 100% GST paid to customs and sometimes paid to suppliers when the GST have to be paid in advance of the rest of the invoice.  A client is having problems with it halving the value sometimes and adding on if the transaction is changed. Occasionally I have to delete the GST line and reenter it to correct it. I am unsure if the client has been using the wrong tax code and then amending it to cause this problem.  This is what it should look like (invoice below, recap journal on top).Capture.JPG

I've attached a snapshot of the GST report showing what sometimes happens (can't show the accounts I have already corrected the error in the accounts).  I can't upload the second image into the text either, it's like it's jinxed!  When trying to correct this one, it kept adding more GST on so I had to delete the line and start again.  Have found ARL to be like that..

Has anyone else experienced issues with the 100% Import Tax calculating incorrectly, or do you think my client has been changing codes?  

Colleen King
MYOB CC | MYOB Employer Services Consultant | Christchurch
colleen@aboutbusiness.co.nz
Office: 03-359 4231 | Mobile: 027-431 8708 | www.aboutbusiness.co.nz

Increasing the time you spend making money, by reducing the time you spend on unproductive activities

Capture2.JPG
2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: 100% GST AccountRight

Hi @Colleen 

Generally speaking, the GST Amounts listed on the GST [Summary - Invoice] report would correspond with what is showing on the GST information window. This is the one accessed by selecting the GST arrow next to the GST Amount (bottom right of the transaction) and shows the breakdown of GST values. 

For the transaction that you have provided, I would expect to see the following located in that GST Information window:

Capture 3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

If you are showing a different value in that GST [Summary -Invoice] report my advice would be to review the GST Information window and recalculate the data. This will ensure that values have not been overridden in that process. If it is still occurring with that report clearing the cache would be the recommendation. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner
New Zealand
Valued Partner

324Posts

3Kudos

14Solutions

Re: 100% GST AccountRight

Because the GST information window at the foot of the invoice doesn't show the value of the Import Tax Code on the invoice screen, I've never thought of that as an option, so thanks for the heads up, it's definitely in the recalculation screen once opened.  I also hadn't thought about clearing the cache.  That could resolve other issues I've had with FX calculations holding after the line has been changed.  Never too old to learn something new :-)

Colleen King
MYOB CC | MYOB Employer Services Consultant | Christchurch
colleen@aboutbusiness.co.nz
Office: 03-359 4231 | Mobile: 027-431 8708 | www.aboutbusiness.co.nz

Increasing the time you spend making money, by reducing the time you spend on unproductive activities

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post