8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

FY ROLLOVER AND BAS PREPARATION

Not sure if i need to rollover and backup.

I do BAS REPORTS so only want actual data for the quarter.

We had to do this with MYOB V 15 but this is webbased.

I know its a basic question.

2 REPLIES 2
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: FY ROLLOVER AND BAS PREPARATION

Hi @FOODY

Thanks for the post. AccountRight is set to work relatively the same as the legacy AccountRight application. To answer your question, yes you will need to rollover the financial year for you to choose the right financial year in the Online BAS window. Additionally, there is a forum post with a similar question to yours: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Accounting-BAS/BAS-financial-year-has-not-updated-in-prep...

If you require further help or have any other questions, feel free to let us know. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,

Genreve

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: FY ROLLOVER AND BAS PREPARATION

Hi @FOODY 

I would also strongly recommend you create a backup before any major change such as a FY rollover. If the AccountRight file is online, the backup can take awhile and all users must be logged out. 

While MYOB does do weekly backups of online file, and you can purchase a backup in a worst case scenario, that backup might not have happened on the correct date and so you may have some transactions missing - best to make your own.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post