SLOW SLOW SLOW

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DJAF
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

SLOW SLOW SLOW

My accountright is so slow and has been for the last month.

Spinning especially when we are marking off payments and banking section.

Also entering and printing invoices.

Seems to be when uploading.

Very frustrating. Is there an update being worked on or an issue with uploading to cloud?

I have followed the instructions for speeding it up but none of them make a dfference and if was fine a few months ago, nothing has changed on my side.

Come on MYOB - whats going on

4 REPLIES 4
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,426 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,426Posts

118Kudos

276Solutions

Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW

Hi @DJAF 

Thank you so much for your post.  Online tools like - storage programs, antivirus, firewall etc. can affect online performance if they're always connected.

If this is happening when working online with AccountRight, try pausing the online tool, and if the computer runs less slow then you can work out which program is causing the slowness, and limit the bandwidth usage or set it to not interact with the folders or program files which AccountRight uses.

These Help Articles have more information on that topic which may help:

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl.

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

VCaban
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Everytime I need to do anything in MYOB lately, it takes forever!  Just moving from the Command Centre to another screen takes ages, and trying to get a transaction list for an account is like watching the grass grow!!!

My internet speed is fine.  None of my other systems/applications are slow., and they are all subject to the same firewalls and anti-virus programs... Xero, for example, is working perfectly.... 

What has MYOB changed to slow things down so much.. it wasn't like this a few months ago..

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,041 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,041Posts

913Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @VCaban 

AR2023 speeds are more 'sensitive' to things like virus scans and file size, than any other accounting program. Once you hit a certain file size, it seems to 'suddenly' slow down. To check file size, make a backup and restore locally.

Also depending on how you have set up the anti-virus exclusion, you may need to 're-apply' after each update as AR2023 installs to a new sub folder each time.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
VCaban
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We have a number of clients using MYOB - all of varying file sizes and complexities... all are running very slowly.  

And what a pain having to reapply settings after every MYOB update... with other programs, we can just log in and start working!

MYOB has really dropped the ball in recent times as far as user-friendliness is concerned.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post