9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

User ID's & 2FA

Hi there. I have a client that is adamant they want to use their accounts@ email for their new staff member. Problem is the previous staff member was using this and they had the  2FA stored on their phone.

Is there any way of reusing this email for the new user ID but being able to start fresh with the 2FA on the new employee's phone?

And do you see any issues with an employee using their personal email as a login to MYOB, as opposed to a business account?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,534 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,534Posts

46Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: User ID's & 2FA

Hi @MYOBBookkeeper,

Thanks for posting. To give the new staff member access to the account email, we need to reset the 2FA linked to it. This means confirming who the new person is and then starting the 2FA process from scratch. You can find out how to do this in our article about two-factor authentication. After resetting, the new staff member can set up 2FA on their phone. It's best if they do this themselves, both for security and so they know how it works. 

While it's possible to use a personal email to log into MYOB, it's worth thinking about the security side of things. Personal emails might not be as secure as business ones, and if the person leaves the company, they'd still have access to any information sent to that email.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post