Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Allow long-term liabilities as associated account

Contributing Cover User

14Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

Currently bank feeds can only be setup for transaction accounts, however Mortgages and Long Term Liaibiltiy accounts are not "allowed". 

At this day in age and given we are all about automating as much as possible - I am very happy with transactional bank feeds - why can't we also simply be allowed to bank feed Loans?? It will save us more time rather than having to enter these transactions ourselves!

Thanks!

"Allow Bank Feeds for Long term Liabilities"

8 Comments
VickiS
Experienced Partner
73 Posts
Experienced Partner

I believe that this is goverened by the banks and not MYOB.  The banks choose which accounts they offer BankFeeds on and how often they provide the BankFeeds to MYOB to be imported into both AccountRight Live and MYOB Essentials.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@misha 

@VickiS is correct it is governed by the banks on what accounts you can get bank feeds for.    Some of my clients get bank feeds on there loan accounts however others don't.    

misha
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

thanks! Doesn't make too much sense as we are trying to automate more and more these days.. why have manual entries, then again I might know all reasons behind it..

Swampwog
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

More often than not a business loan is either linked to a mortgage, or it has a redraw facility. Therefore, although a loan is a liability, and a six year facility is a long term liability, it is still a transaction account which requires reconcilliation.

MYOB AR+ does not allow me to choose a long term liability account from the drop down menu to ling the bank feed to the account.

Is there a workaround?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Swampwog 

To enable the  account to be linked simply change the Account Type to 'Credit Card'.

By doing this the Liability Account can be linked and reconciled.

Cheers

David
Capture.JPG

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User

Yep there is a workaround. Set it as a credit card. (Sorry that is sarcasm)

I really hate the fact that MYOB have made this is limited.
I had to move my credit cards to a liability account so I could like them to bank feeds.
Back when my company file was created they didn't have the option for a credit card.
Also one of the cards is a prepaid card so made sence for us to listed as a bank account.

This is just another case of NO thought put into the software design my the developers and testers.

Swampwog
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thank you David and Andrew, much appreciated.

Graham4184
5 Posts
Cover User

Thanks David and Andrew. Top tip!