ATO REPORTING

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CC2003
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ATO REPORTING

This is not the first time this has happened, but once I have imputted all my payroll, (3 employees), as usual I update and forward the report to the ATO, however this last time and 1 or 2 times previously in the last 3 years, although I have done nothing different when the report goes to the ATO if reports a $0.00 gross payment figure however the payments have gone through in MYOB to the bank account. If I resubmit the pays to try and run the correct report again, then I will end up with duplicate payments in the bank account. Unfortunately, I do not have over 2 hrs to wait when I phone MYOB for help so any help would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: ATO REPORTING

Hi @CC2003,

Thanks for your post. 

STP reports can be reported as $0.00 if they are reported as an 'Update Event' rather than a 'Pay event'. A pay run will usually automatically be sent as an 'Update event' to STP if the payment date is before the current date. 

Could you please open the Payroll Reporting Centre (STP) > Click the 'Accepted' status next to said pay event to open up the details? This window will show you how the report was sent. If the report does say 'Update Event' next to the 'Event type:', this will be the reason why the figures are showing as $0.00 in that window, however, if you were to click 'View Employee YTD report (PDF)' you will find that the actual amounts from the pay run have been reported and included in the employee's YTD STP report correctly - nothing you would need to do further. 

However, if this is not the case, please let me know so I can look into this further for you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

CC2003
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ATO REPORTING

Thanks Sam R,

Exactly as you said, have checked YTD figures reported and they are correct.

Appreciate your assistance thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post