5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ATO reporting category (phase 2) not showing in MYOB AR File

Hi,

I have a client who has set up their STP filing a long time ago... and yet we just discovered (after trying to add a new pay category) that we are unable to add in the STP Phase 2 categories!

We have checked all the relevant MYOB areas, being the Payroll Reporting centre (confirmed as lodging as STP Phase 2), Checking Payroll Categories details, checking Income Types in the card files - all show as STP Phase 2 reporting and yet when I look at the Payroll Categories in lists - there is only the 1 (STP Phase 1) Category aviable.

I have also asked the staff member to show me their STP reporting on their ATO mygov accounts - this staff member has taken personal and annual leave and yet there is only Gross wages being declared as the STP Phase 2 cateogry is not allocated as the option is not there!

Screen shots showing all my checks.

Could you please let me know what I can do in this instance?

Income type confirmation.JPGConfirmed ATO payroll details.JPGSTP registered.JPGATO STP 2 categorie snot showing.JPGSTP 2 confirmed.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: ATO reporting category (phase 2) not showing in MYOB AR File

Hi @MarthaG,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Your post and screenshot are helpful. It seems some payroll categories lack an ATO reporting category. You can learn more about this in our help article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting. If all categories have ATO reporting categories, could you share a screenshot of the error messages and the payroll category under STP Phase 1?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

MarthaG
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply Shella,

I have no option to allocate the STP 2 categories - there are none available!

The company file has transitioned to STP Phase 2 (checked all the areas where I need to confirm that the file has transitioned to STP Phase 2).

There is no option as per screen shot for the 2nd STP category in Lists > Payroll Categories

Screenshot 2024-04-12 131407.png
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @MarthaG,

Thanks for the screenshot. It shows you've selected the ATO reporting category and are on STP Phase 2. Don't worry about not seeing "STP 1" and "STP 2." If all categories are assigned, it means all your pay items are under the STP Phase 2 ATO Reporting category.

You may check out the helpful article I have previously provided to learn more about this.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

MarthaG
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Shella,

It is definitely reporting as STP 2, although I am unable to allocate the STP 2 wage categories (only phase 1). According to the ATO regulations, I need to categorise the wage payments according to the STP phase 2 categories.

As in MYOBs advice, under the below link - under the heading 

What is each ATO reporting category for?

www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/payroll/single-touch-payroll-reporting/setting-up-single-touch...

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @MarthaG,

Thanks for the response. In the updated AccountRight Software, there's no longer a distinct column separating ATO Reporting Category Phase 1 and Phase 2. However, if you're seeing STP Phase 2 reports, it means the transition from STP Phase 1 categories has been successful.

If you're having trouble, you can check out our support sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com. There, you'll find MOCA, our virtual assistant, ready to help with immediate questions. If MOCA can't solve your issue, you'll be connected to our live chat team. You can also contact the ATO directly to confirm your STP Phase 2 details.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

MarthaG
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

That is not correct - we need to allocate the first STP category (e.g: Gross wages) and then expand on what the payments are for (the reason why the ATO expanded to Phase 2) - see below from MYOB website.

I do not have access to allocate what type of gross payments are made - so the ATO is not receiving details of bonuses, annual or personal leave or overtime from the Gross payments (even though it is being reported on STP Phase 2).

MYOB website;

STP Phase 2 is the ATO's expansion of their payroll reporting requirements. This includes expanding the list of ATO reporting categories to better define the amounts paid to employees. For example, the ATO reporting category Gross payments has been split into more specific payment types, like overtime and bonuses.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @MarthaG,

It looks like you're having a bit of a hiccup allocating the different types of gross payments, which means the ATO isn't getting the lowdown on bonuses, leave, or overtime from the gross payments.

To dig deeper into this, could you send me the necessary details through a private message? 

• Serial Number
  • Company Name
  • Company File Name or Number
  • Your full name and email address
  • A snapshot of the YTD reports showing the pay items with either assigned or unassigned ATO payroll reporting categories
  • A snapshot of the specific pay items they're having trouble allocating to the STP Phase 2 ATO reporting category
  • Any snapshot or evidence showing that these pay items indicate the ATO isn't receiving any assigned ATO reporting category for reference.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post