Accrued leave carried over from last year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AmberLeaf
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accrued leave carried over from last year

I am having issues with some of my employees accrued leave balances not carrying over from last year. 

I have read that there is no need to close off a payroll year anymore, only to finalise STP.

Does anyone know why these leave accruals would not carry over, please?

5 REPLIES 5
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Accrued leave carried over from last year

Hi @AmberLeaf 

Thanks for your post. Can you please go into your entitlement categories (Payroll >> Payroll Categories >> Entitlements tab >> *relevant entitlement*). Do you see the 'Payroll Year End: Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to the Next Year' box ticked or unticked? If this box is unticked, it would account for those balances not carrying over. Note that the Carry Remaining Entitlement.... box can only be checked when the category is initially set up.

Should you be in a situation where the option was initially set up incorrectly, you would want to look at creating a new payroll category with that option enabled. You then want to transfer the balances across to that required new category by processing a $0 pay with all hours zeroed out but with the correct figure for the entitlement balances added.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AmberLeaf
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yanike,

Thank you for your help...I noticed that the box is NOT ticked in the Sick leave Accrual entitlement.

I am unable to delete that current Sick Leave Accrual entitlement so have created a new one with the name "Sick leave accrual - NEW" and ticked the box. Now I need to work on transferring the balances...do I need to work out how much accrued leave hasnt transferred over the period that the employee has been with us? One in particular has been with us for about 4 years.

Will the other Sick Leave Accrual entitlementment continue to calculate the accrued sicke leave and appear on the employee's payslip? Should I untick the box to appear on the payslip and change the calculation to manual calculate each pay period?

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @AmberLeaf 

This help article will guide you through the steps of transferring that balance: Adjusting leave entitlements. Make sure to link the new one to the correct employees and unlink the old entitlement category.

You might also find this article helpful: Leave and entitlements.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AmberLeaf
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yanike,

Thanks again for your help, I have managed to sort out the sick leave acrrued that has not carried over from the 2022 year.

I have found out that one of my employees accrued sick leave has never carried over. He has been employed with the business since 2015.

How do I get an Entitlement Balance (Detail) report from MYOB for those previous years? I am only able to get the report for the current and 2022 years in my MYOB file. It does not allow me to select dates from the previous years.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @AmberLeaf 

The Entitlement Balance Summary and Detail reports are only able to run for the last and current payroll years. 

If you are needing to run those particular reports prior to last payroll year you would need to restore a backup prior to closing that payroll year to produce those reports. You can restore a backup via File>>Backup and navigate to the required backup before selecting to restore it. For more information on restoring a backup please see Help Article: Restore your company file.

Alternatively, you can open AccountRight in the browser and run the Leave balance report (or Leave balance (detail) report) and go back as far as you like. This is probably an easier option than restoring a back up.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post