An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
cia_auseng
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

I am trying to process a employee pay adjustment and am getting the above error when I am trying to Record and Report

I processed our normal pay run yesterday and had no issues and no changes have been made since

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: An unrecognised error occurred - EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementPayrollCategoryMissing

Hi @cia_auseng 

If you're using MYOB Business, this error can occur due to an incorrect assignment of Wage and Salary Pay Items attached to Leave Accrual Pay Items.

In order to identify what's causing the problem, please perform the following steps and confirm which scenario applies in your case so we can advise the alternatives: 

Scenario 1

1. Open up your  Pay Items window by going to Payroll > Pay Items
    Graphical user interface, applicationDescription automatically generated
  2. Next go to your Leave section
    Graphical user interface, text, application, TeamsDescription automatically generated
  3. Open up each of the Leave Accrual pay items by clicking the name of the pay item
    Helpful hint: You can narrow down which pay items this may be impacting by looking at the pay items used in your payroll

4. After opening up the pay items scroll down to Link Wage Pay Item:
    ApplicationDescription automatically generated with low confidence
  5. Ensure that you do not have a linked Wage Pay Item assigned to Multiple Leave Pay Items.

Scenario 2
This error is due to an employee being linked to multiple Leave Accrual Pay Items of the same type. This most often happens after a file is upgraded to New Essentials from Old Essentials

1. Payroll > Employees
  2. Select the employee you are trying to pay leave in the pay run
  3. Payroll details > Leave. Check which & how many Leave Accrual Pay Items they have.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post